12/28/2015

Kiyomura Sushizanmai, Dotonbori-Ten, Osaka, すしざんまい 道頓堀店

We move on to my travels in Osaka! Initially, I had planned mistakenly for a lunch meal at Matsuzaka Yakiniku M, to our dismay they didn't serve lunch! Goes to show how you can't trust anything you find on the internet! I even found their page (not updated) that said they served lunch AND dinner. I was very disappointed, thankfully, Zhiling had a recommendation from a friend to Sushizanmai! It was just a 200m walk away.

Here's what the shopfront looks like! Sorry if it's a bit tiny! Credits
More after the jump!


Sushizanmai is in the Nakaza Cui-daore Building fronted by this clown puppet, once again the picture does not belong to me!

Enter the building to find Sushizanmai on the Ground Level.
Tamago and Salmon nigiri! I didn't have this, this belongs to Ed and Jack!
I had this! One of the sushi sets. Comes with Chawanmushi and a small salad, which I demolished by the time it arrived. 
Second round of Tamago for Ed and Jack!
If you're wondering why we ate so much tamago, it was because it was really good. Best Tamago I ever had in my life. Both eggy and sweet at the same time, large enough to chew, yet it doesn't crumble and fall into pieces. I thoroughly enjoyed my piece of tamago in my set!

Overall, I had a nice experience in Sushizanmai, which would be one or two grades above Uobei but still at very affordable prices! I paid 2160JPY for my ('Popular Ranking Nigiri') set excluding taxes and service charge which was approximately SGD$25.

I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an authentic sushi experience, without busting the bank or waking up at ungodly hours (I'm looking at you Tsukiji Fish Market!). Granted, we didn't sit at the counter and watch the chef skilfully knead the rice, but I enjoyed the fresh and generous portions of fish. 

The staff were a bit taken aback at 7 non-Japanese customers bringing their luggage in, but they quickly set to work helping us arrange our luggage at a corner, giving us the menus and also trying to explain what each of the sets were about. You don't have to wave your hands at to get their attention too because they have a calling bell and they will come to the table to assist you when you press it. They are pretty quiet in the afternoon, we went in at about 1.30pm and had our fill before leaving at nearing 3.00pm to head to our Airbnb apartment.

Details

Website: Click for Menu!
Map: Click for Location!
Japanese Address: 〒542-0071 大阪府大阪市中央区道頓堀1丁目7−21 中座くいだおれビル
English Address: Nakaza cui-daore bldg 1F, 1-7-21, Dotombori, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka, 542-0077
Operating Hours: 24 hours! (140 seats in total)
Nearest Station: Namba Staion (Midosuji line, Red colour)

Once again, I wasn't navigating so I can't tell you in detail how to head over.
xx wj

No comments:

Post a Comment