12/22/2015

Uobei Sushi, Shibuya Branch, Tokyo - 魚べい 渋谷道玄坂店

Have you been to Genki Sushi at Bugis+ and Orchard Central?

Good, this place is exactly the same, just more pocket-friendly. Pictures after the jump!



The first round of my orders came very swiftly!
A friend recommended this to us and conveyor-belt sushi in Japan are a must-try for poor hungry students. 

After a long long day at DisneySea, we were tired and just wanted to eat something. I suggested conveyor-belt sushi to no objections, so off we went! 

If you are observant enough, you'd realise that Uobei's return the train button looks exactly like Genki's. (Either that or you eat Genki Sushi too often to notice sh*t like that like yours truly right here.) And that's because Uobei is owned by Genki!!

Fatty Salmon Nigiri! 
As a great big fan of normal sushi, my experience here was pleasant. You don't have to learn Japanese, you can look at pictures and order on an iPad. Your food comes in a train and stops before you. All you need to tell the servers would be the number of the people in your party! Ample seats available till late, I can see myself frequenting such joints for quick and fuss-free meals. Not to mention that SUSHI IS JUST SO HEAVENLY, cheap and good? Just take my money. 

For every 1000 yen worth of food you order, you get to play rock-paper-scissors with the iPad. 

If you win, you could get something, which I didn't win so nothing for me. :(

I ordered way more than this (able to scroll up) but I just wanted to show how much I ate and how much it came up to.
If you're wondering how much I had... I had those 6 plates above, and maybe another 5. Yeap. 'Mentaiko Mayo Potato' was Mentaiko Fries!!!! Which I passed down to my friends and coincidentally do not have a picture of. 

You don't even have to call for the bill to a server. You checkout and go to the counter! This place does delivery and takeaways. We ordered takeaways for a friend who had a hard time because picture quality of the menu wasn't great and also she and I both couldn't read Japanese characters. 

If you're keen to try their takeaway services, I would suggest point and order. they would try to help you because they do know you can't speak Japanese but the order slip is in Japanese. It even asks for your name in Kanji! But if you have the time to order and wait for it to be done (it takes about 15 minutes), why not just have a seat and eat-in instead? 


Details

Japanese Address: Japan, 〒150-0043 Tokyo, Shibuya, 道玄坂2丁目29-11
English Address: 2-29-11 Dogenzaka, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture
Operating Hours: 11:00am - 12:00am
Nearest Station: Varied, I went to Shibuya!

Directions: 
Click: Map
I can't be sure if we took this route because I'm pretty sure I wasn't navigating that night.

xx, wj

No comments:

Post a Comment